Paula

Paula
See You At The Center

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 16 Preview - Self Monitoring Successfully

"Research has shown that tracking works. Self Monitor on a regular basis and you will increase the likelihood that you will see success on the scale."
-Hollis from The American Journal Of Preventative Medicine.

Successful members develop the "Monitor Yourself Habit" and know their efforts are helped when they make themselves accountable.

Self Monitoring means being aware of what and how much you are eating and how much you are exercising. It also means noticing the difference these things make to your progress.

2 comments:

Traci B said...

I am pretty consistent with my tracking, my "trip" is being honest about portions. This week was a good reminder to watch that. The way I handle BLT's is to use activity points - 1 per BLT if I indulge.

Paula said...

Good plan Traci. Honesty and being accountable is a great way to make activity part of your life and a great way to monitor yourself.
BRAVO